RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication) is a tool for delivering regularly changing web content.
RSS News Widget gives your website readers a method to keep up with their favorite blogs, news sites and other websites. Choose the sites you wish to subscribe to, and then get updates in one centralised location.
This means you do not actually have to go to each website individually when you want to view the new updates they have published. You can view them all intros widget news feed.
This is a free version of the News Widget with credits. To get a Premium version without credits check News Widget Pro.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Attach readfeed.php to widget settings.
- Choose among lots of news RSS feeds or choose your custom feed URL.
- Add fresh content to your site and contribute to improve your SEO.
- Customize the widget as you like.
- This widget will not work in Muse Preview mode. You need to upload your site to your PHP compatible server.
This widget allows you to show:
- Your latest posts from WordPress, Joomla, or any other RSS compatible blog or website.
- Hot news from different sources.
- Hot news from your custom keywords.
- Resizable widget.
- Use as many widgets per page as you want.
- Show from 1 to 20 elements. Note most RSS sources will show max 10 items.
- Customize colors, fonts, sizes and other styles.
- Use default or custom title.
- IMPORTANT: this widget requires a PHP compatible server to run. Adobe Business Catalyst does not support PHP.
How to show news based on your keyword:
Select a news source or add your custom RSS URL to show news based in any keyword.
Notice that if you use Bing news as source, the news language will be the same as your hosting server language.
How to show any news in your site:
- Just use Bing News search URL with your keyword.
- Select “custom” in RSS Source field.
- Enter your URL and keyword using this format:
- If you want to use a single keyword: https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=travel&format=RSS
- If you want to use a phrase, use + symbol as space: https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=time+travel&format=RSS
Pre-loaded news feeds:
- BBC World News
- CNN World News
- Reuters World News
- CBC World News
- Sky World News
- NY Times World News
- The Guardian World News
- Wired Business, Design, Product reviews, Entertainment, Tech, Science, Security, Transportation, Video or Photo News
- Adobe creative blog
- Responsive Muse blog
- Responsive Muse Youtube channel
UPDATE V2 (January 2017)
Since Google Feeds API closed its doors some days ago, we have completely rewritten this widget. If you see “loading” message in your widget and it does not work, you need to update it to V2.
Remember you can easily get tons of other topics and sources to use in this widget. Almost every blog, forum or news source has its own RSS feed URL.
UPDATE V3 (September 2017)
Due to the unreliable capability to read feeds based on third party providers (Google News and Yahoo YQL), the widget has been completely rewritten. This solution does not depend on third party providers anymore and it will run in your PHP server.
You can use this widget for free but you can not remove widget credits (Get this free news widget at responsive-muse sentence). If you want to remove them, please, purchase News Widget Pro version.
Please follow these instructions to download a free widget:
- Add to cart the widgets that you want to download.
- Click on the cart icon to view the widgets and “proceed to checkout”.
- Fill in the billing details to create an account and press “continue” to “place order”.
- You will receive two emails to access your account and to download the widget. You can enter your account or directly download it from the email.