Home Forums Support Widget Support EasyBlog Is it possible to change text directions to Right-to-Left?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #37425 |

I think this one is a bit harder to address. But I wanted to know can I do the following things:

1. Making the text direction of the “Post titles”, “Post descriptions” and “Post contents” Right-to-Left.
    2. When you type your text into the “Post title”, “Post description” and “Post content” fields, the written text being shown and formatted as Right-to-Left in the text fields.

Keep in mind I’m not talking about simply aligning texts to the right. I’m talking about changing text direction of the texts from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left which converts the whole formatting of the text and makes it suitable for Right-to-Left languages.

Although while being in the EasyBlog control panel I tried using the “Source code” option in the “View” menu(View>Source code) and added a dir=rtl attribute to a paragraph element(an HTML <p> tag). But it only works for the “Post contents”. What about “Post titles” and “Post descriptions”?

Thank you in advance.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  g1557757.
    responsive-muse
    Keymaster
    #37451 |

You can try to apply this CSS to the body tags that you want to change to RTL
    <body style="direction: rtl!important;">

It should look something like this around line 615 of easyblog.php

RTL easyblog

Tell us if it works! 🙂

g1557757
    Participant
    #37473 |

Thank you. Well actually it is solved. But one minor issue remains.

Now when I type into the text fields of the control panel the texts are written as Right-to-Left except for the Posting area where I need to manually insert the dir=rtl attribute. So if this one resolves I’ll be very grateful:

Is there any way to also make the “Main posting page” right-to-left by default? Because applying the style to the <body> tags didn’t have any affect on it and as it seems the Posting module seems to be embedded from elsewhere.

P.S. By the way I also needed to apply the style to the <body> tag of the page where I located the EasyBlog widget(The main page of the blog). Just wanted to say for others to know as well.

Thank you again.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  g1557757.
    responsive-muse
    Keymaster
    #37484 |

That’s cool.

To change the editor, since it’s a third party call, you can try adding this line:

RTL tinymce muse

Not tested, but it should work.

g1557757
    Participant
    #37492 |

Well again it seems it partially works.

When I go to the posting section of the control panel the text field is Right-to-Left but apparently it converted to some kind of plain text editor where I must put the whole HTML code for the blog post. As you see the toolbars and menus are gone too.(I accidentaly took a screenshot of an English written page, but I checked an I can write a Right-to-Left text in the field)

CP

Again thank you for helping me.

g1557757
    Participant
    #37495 |

Nevermind. Now it’s completely working and working like a charm. 😀

I was just so obsessed with CSS syntax that I ended the directionality: 'rtl' line with a semicolon instead of a comma 😓.

Anyway now everything is running as intended. You can close the topic.

Thanks for all your helps.

responsive-muse
    Keymaster
    #37505 |

That’s cool, glad to help! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to change text directions to Right-to-Left?’ is closed to new replies.