Slideshows are the most used element on homepages. They are usually placed right below the navigation menu but you can also find them in other sections. As we know that adding a slideshow into your WordPress theme is essential, we made Themes Generator compatible with two free WordPress slideshows plugins: Meta Slider and Smart Slider 3.
Here is the tutorial you need to follow to add your image slider into your site:
- If you still don’t have an account in Themes Generator, go and sign up here.
- Once you are logged into Themes Generator, drag the Slideshow block into your workspace and place it. Remember to also place the header and footer separator before exporting your site!
- After your site is exported, install your theme and activate it.
- Now you need to install both or one of this free plugins: Meta Slider and Smart Slider 3
- In Customize, you can select the slider that you want to show in your homepage.
- In your WordPress backend, visit the plugins tabs to create your own slideshow.
In this tutorial we use Smart Slider 3, but both plugins are free and very powerful. As you can see, adding a simple slideshow into your WordPress theme is very easy. In Themes Generator you just have to place the slideshow block in its place and then edit this slideshow in WordPress. You can use one of the free templates that Smart Slider 3 offers or you can create your own from zero. Create as many slideshow as you want and then choose the one you want to use in Customize.
Remember that in Themes Generator you can create your own WordPress theme for free and you can watch the video tutorial below to get all the detailed steps.
We are preparing lots of new videos in our Youtube Channel. Subscribe to get notified when the first chapter is out!