Sometimes you may find yourself resizing hundreds of photos for a website. Your client might have sent you a huge batch of pictures to include in the site and you will need to optimise these pictures one by one. It will take you quite a while to get this tedious job done.
There are programs like XnView that make this task less painful. You can resize a batch of images in a few minutes. This is a great tool, not only for web designers but for any other professional that works with images. You can add different actions, not only resizing, like adding watermarks or a mask. This is how to bulk resize images:
- Go to XnView and download the software. It is available for all platforms.
- As you can see in the video, you can collect all the images that you want to edit in one folder, and then create a second folder, where all the edited images will appear.
- Select the original folder, right click and select Batch Convert.
- Choose among the different actions that you want to apply to the batch of images. Select the output folder and whenever you are done, click on Convert.
- In this tutorial, we hace reduced the image size to a 25%. The original folder size was 104MB and the output folder size is 5MB. Just with one click and in less than a minute, I have resized 40 images and they are ready to be uploaded to your site.
We will publish the WordPress Visual Design course for free in our Youtube Channel. Subscribe to get notified when the first chapter is out!